Reading Corps is a breakthrough AmeriCorps program that is changing academic outcomes for thousands of students. With more than 1,700 tutors serving in 12 states and Washington D.C., Reading Corps is helping more than 35,000 students each year become successful readers. It combines the power of national service with literacy science to deliver proven approaches that help struggling learners transform into confident students – something that translates into all areas of their lives.
2016-17 marks year two of the Reading Corps program in Wisconsin, with 18 AmeriCorps members serving as literacy tutors in twelve schools in Milwaukee.
Our current school partners include:
- Auer Avenue - Milwaukee Public Schools
- Forest Home - Milwaukee Public Schools
- Gwen T. Jackson - Milwaukee Public Schools
- Hopkins Lloyd - Milwaukee Public Schools
- Milwaukee Academy of Science
- Milwaukee College Prep 36th St.
- Milwaukee College Prep 38th St.
- Milwaukee College Prep Lola Rowe North
- Milwaukee College Prep Lloyd St.
- Northwest Catholic
- Parkview - Milwaukee Public Schools
- St. Catherine School
Wisconsin Reading Corps is a replication of the successful Minnesota Reading Corps. Minnesota Reading Corps began in 2003, and started replicating its model nationally in 2012.
Sr. Program Manager
Wisconsin Reading Corps